As you would expect, here at Hextol we are keeping a very close eye on the government advice relating to the coronavirus outbreak. We are naturally concerned about the risks to our staff and those who use our services, both as volunteers and customers. Their safety is our first priority!
We have put in place sensible precautions in accordance with the advice issued over the last few days – including yesterday. We
- Are requiring frequent handwashing,
- Have provided tissues in all rooms,
- Have put up advice posters up to reinforce the message of good personal hygiene
- Have increased our cleaning regimes, especially around touch points
- Have issued advice to staff as to the need to self isolate if they experience symptoms
- Are monitoring volunteers while they are with us and will isolate and send home any who display symptoms
With these precautions in place we believe it is safe for us to continue to operate for the benefit of all our volunteers and customers. We are open for business – at the Tans, our offices in Gilesgate, and at our Newcastle site.
We will continue to monitor and review the situation carefully and will update this message if there is any change.
We wish you all well and look forward to seeing you soon.
13 March 2020