We are pleased to say the plans to reopen our services to volunteers are gaining pace! We really can’t emphasise how important this is for us – the Foundation exists to provide working opportunities and not being able to do that over the last few months has been very disappointing.
Over the last few weeks we have welcomed 2 Warehouse volunteers, 2 Tans shifts, 2 volunteers in Greenbox and 8 Gardeners across Hexham and Newcastle!
The Hextol Tans reopened mid-July and is now open Monday-Saturday 10-3.30pm offering takeaways and sit in. We can now offer dog-friendly outdoor seating too! See Tans page for more details.
We have been very busy putting measures in place to ensure we are operating as safely as possible for all of our businesses. These include:
- Sanitiser in every room for staff and visitors
- Staff working from home where possible
- Increased cleaning and sanitising throughout our premises
- Masks will be mandatory when working in groups
- Staff and volunteers are required to inform their manager if they (or anyone with whom they have shared close contact) develop symptoms of COVID-19
- Social distancing will be enforced by moving furniture and desks in the office, removing communal seating areas and putting signs and tape to indicate the 1m+ advised
- Temperature checks on everyone who enters the office buildings
- Reduced seating in the Tans to maintain social distancing
These new procedures are temporary and will be under constant review. When we are satisfied we can work safely following these guidelines, we will start running more shifts and services.
Cherie will be in touch with all of our volunteers about returning to work but bear with us, there’s a lot of you!
All of this means we can now offer our customers most of our usual services. Please contact us if we can help you.