Our response to the easing of lockdown restrictions on 19th July 2021
Throughout the pandemic the safety of our volunteers, staff and customers has always been, and remains, our first priority.
With case numbers rising, especially in the North East of England, it is clear the pandemic is far from over and because of this we think it is right to take a cautious approach, so we aren’t planning to change many of our existing precautions.
Throughout the Foundation we will
- Continue to wear face coverings when we are working with volunteers (except outside) and customers
- Maintain our enhanced cleaning regime
- Make sure hand washing and hygiene will remain the priority and hand sanitiser will still be widely available
- Check the temperature of staff and volunteers when they arrive so we can identify anyone who may be unwell before they start their shift
- Continue making lateral flow tests available to paid staff
- Keep our working bubbles in place until the self-isolation rules are changed
At the Tans
- We will continue with table service to avoid congestion at the counter
- We will not be increasing the number of covers at the Tans significantly and will still be encouraging customers to use the QR code to check in or give track & trace details
- We will be wearing face coverings and encouraging customers to do the same
- Tables will be thoroughly cleaned between customers using them
- Hand sanitiser will be widely available
These procedures will be kept under constant review to keep in line with Government guidance. We only run shifts and offer services when we are confident we can work safely and effectively.
If you want to talk to us about becoming a volunteer in one of our services or if we can help with any work you need doing then please get in touch with us on 01434 604253 or [email protected] and we will get back to you.
We can now offer our customers some of our usual services. Please contact us if we can help you.