In light of the current COVID situation and the national lockdown we have taken the decision to close our services to volunteers for the time being.
We are keeping this under review and when we feel it is appropriate to do so we will reopen our services as we know how important it is to our volunteers to have the support, structure and activity which we are able to offer.
Our Pack and Post, Gardening and the Warehouse services are continuing to operate staffed by supervisors alone to enable continuity of service to our customers. If we can help you with any of these areas please get in touch.
Other services, including the Tans, will remain closed.
We will be keeping in touch with our volunteers and sending out Hextol happenings every week during lockdown.
We intend to reopen as soon as we can do so safely. In the meantime we hope everyone follows the guidance, stays home and keeps safe.
- Sanitiser in every room for staff and visitors
- Staff working from home where possible
- All staff and volunteers split into work ‘bubbles’ to reduce contact
- Increased cleaning and sanitising throughout our premises
- Masks will be mandatory when working in groups
- Staff and volunteers are required to inform their manager if they (or anyone with whom they have shared close contact) develop symptoms of COVID-19
- Social distancing will be enforced by moving furniture and desks in the office, removing communal seating areas and putting signs and tape to indicate the 1m+ advised
- Temperature checks on everyone who enters the office buildings
- Reduced seating to maintain social distancing
These new procedures are temporary and are under constant review to keep in line with Government guidance. We only run shifts and offer services when we are confident we can work safely and effectively.
Cherie will be in touch with all of our volunteers about returning to work but bear with us, there’s a lot of you!
We can now offer our customers some of our usual services. Please contact us if we can help you.